Q What sizes and formats do your framed photographs come in?
A Our framed photos are available in three sizes:
- Small 11 3/4 x 15 3/4 inches (30 x 40 cm)
- Medium 16 x 20 inches (40 x 50 cm)
- and Large 19.5 x 27.5 inches (50 x 70 cm)
These frame sizes are standard. There are four color options to choose from: Walnut (pictured at right), White, Black, and metallic Silver.
Q Is there a mat on the framed photos?
A Yes. As you can see from the example picture on this page there a plain, off-white mat. This is a stylistic choice as the microscopic effect of the photographs is accentuated when the image does not touch the edge of the frame.
Q What is the difference between glass and plexiglass?
A There are shipping considerations: our large framed photos are only shipped with plexiglass. Glass is a challenge to ship at larger sizes. Glass is less expensive and easier to recycle. Plexiglass is more shatterproof, more lightweight and filters out most of the UV rays that come from natural light.
Q What is the size of a simple print with no frame? Is there a white border on the print?
The unframed prints come in three sizes: 8 x 10 (small), 11 x 14 (medium), and 16 x 20 (large). They are printed full bleed, which means the image goes right to the edge without any white border.
Q What kind of paper is used for the prints?
A Note that the kind of paper is determined by the size of the print and not by the size of the frame attached to it.
Prints 16 x 20 inches and larger (the size of the prints in our “Large” frames) are inkjet printed by a professional photo lab on luster paper for a lifetime of enjoyment. Luster paper has a more subtle reflective property than what is usually called “glossy” paper.
Prints 11 x 14 inches and smaller are inkjet printed by a professional photo lab on mat paper for a lifetime of enjoyment. Mat paper has an attractive and sharp non-reflective finish.
Q Can I frame one of your photos myself?
The costs of shipping make sending framed photos through the mail quite costly. The print sizes we offer are standard sizes that should fit a variety of frames from your local frame store.
Q Do you sell custom sizes of prints or frames?
Yes we do. Contact us directly for rates and arrangements for custom prints or frames.
Q Can I send an order in by email instead of using your website?
A Yes. Simply email us the website link for the print you are interested in (or the title of the photo and SKU number listed on its product page). We will then send you a PayPal invoice or make other payment arrangements.
Q What currency are your prices in? How can I pay?
All prices on the site are listed in Canadian dollars. We offer credit card, PayPal and Bitcoin as payment options at the time of checkout.
Q Will I be charged tax for my order?
A Tax is automatically calculated as part of the checkout process.
Q If I am placing an order from an international destination how will customs be handled?
Q When will my order ship?
A All orders ship within three business days.
Q How will my framed or unframed print order be packaged for shipping?
All photographs are shipped in a plastic sleeve (to keep dry) within a sturdy package to protect them on their journey. Multiple photographs typically ship together in the same sleeve, which will save you money on shipping. We can send them separately if you wish, so let us know if that works better for you. Calendars and notecards may be sent separately from print orders to help insure everything arrives safely.
Q Can my order be shipped to an address that’s different from my billing address?
Yes. Just be sure to check the Ship to a Different Address box on the checkout page and fill in all the details.
Q What shipping methods do you use for orders within Canada?
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via Postal Service, approximately 2-6 business days, no tracking number
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via 3 Day Delivery sent by Xpresspost, with a tracking number
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via 2 Day Delivery sent by Priority Mail, with a tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via Parcel Post approximately 8 business days, with tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via 3 Day Delivery sent by Xpresspost, with tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via 2 Day Delivery sent by Priority Mail, with tracking number
Q What shipping methods do you use for orders destined for the United States?
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via First Class Mail, approximately 14 business days, no tracking number
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via Expedited Mail, approximately 4-6 business days, with a tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via Parcel Post approximately 14 business days, no tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via Expedited Parcel approximately 4-8 business days, with a tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via 5 Day Delivery sent by Xpresspost, with a tracking number
Q What shipping methods do you use for international orders?
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via Postal Service, approximately 14 business days, no tracking number
- 8×10 photographs and smaller items via 7 Day Delivery sent by Xpresspost, with a tracking number number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via Parcel Post sent by International Parcel Air, approximately 6-10 business days, no tracking number
- 11×14 photographs and larger via 7 Day Delivery sent by Xpresspost, with a tracking number
Q Do I have to pay duties and taxes on my order?
A If you are outside of Canada you will be responsible for customs, duty, and taxes. Every country is different, we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict what they may be. From our experience most foreign customers are not charged but it has been known to happen.
Q What do I do if my photograph arrives damaged?
A If your order arrives in less than perfect condition, then tell us about it within 14 days of receiving your package and we will either send you a new shipment or give you a full refund.
Q I haven’t received my package, what should I do?
A Canada Post considers a packages lost if it has not arrived within 60 days of shipping (for orders sent regular mail) or if the guaranteed delivery date has passed (for orders sent Priority, Xpresspost, or Expedited Parcel), at which time we will gladly ship you a replacement.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND LICENSING IMAGES FOR WEB OR PRINT PUBLICATION
All photos on the site are lower resolution and quality versions of purchased items. All images are marked with Digimarc.
Q Do you license your photographs for digital or print publication?
Q I work with a non-profit or academic institution. Do you have special rates?
For non-profits or academic usage (classroom)
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
Q Do I need an account to make a purchase?
A An account with us is not necessary to make a purchase. However we do recommend an account because:
- you will be able to easily check the status of your order
- future ordering will be easier
- you will have access to your order history
Q How do I create an account?
A To create an account click here and follow the instructions.
Q What do I do if I have forgotten or lost my account password?
A Click here and follow the instructions.